The most important items taught in the course “Essential Grammar for TOEFL, IELTS, PhD TOEFL, and GRE” are:
1. Correct usage of the articles – a, an, the – which are essential for such exams as TOEFL, IELTS, PhD TOEFL, GRE, and academic papers are thoroughly taught.
2. Correct usage of most of the modifiers of nouns – such as Demonstratives, Possessives, Quantifiers, Numbers, Distributives, Difference words, Question words, and Defining words – are fully covered, using English < > Persian translations and their usage in the Reading and the Listening of TOEFL and IELTS.
3. IPA phonetic symbols – the International Phonetic Alphabet – will be taught to candidates so that they can easily check the pronunciation of different words in learner’s dictionaries.
4. Through practical examples, candidates will be taught how to correctly pronounce difficult, but practical, words in American and British English, which is of great importance in the Speaking and the Listening Modules of TOEFL and IELTS.
5. Quite a few practical phrases, vocabulary, and expressions are taught throughout the course.
6. Candidates will learn how to practically use different learner’s dictionaries and thesauruses.
7. Many common mistakes made by the Iranian candidates will be fully covered.
8. A detailed structure of various kinds of Adjectives, Adverbs, Nouns, and Verbs, together with their correct usage in sentences are taught throughout the course.
9. All English Tenses, their Passive Structures, and their usage in Writing and Speaking are fully covered, using English < > Persian translations.
10. The correct usage of Modals, Gerunds, Infinitives, Helping Verbs, Causative Structures, If Clauses, Prepositions, and Pronouns are thoroughly taught through English < > Persian translations.
Click on the different category headings to find out more. You can also change some of your preferences. Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the services we are able to offer.
Essential Website Cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features.
Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the website, you cannot refuse them without impacting how our site functions. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings and force blocking all cookies on this website.
Other external services
We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps and external Video providers. Since these providers may collect personal data like your IP address we allow you to block them here. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Changes will take effect once you reload the page.