Monster leaf flower (Monstera) is a beautiful species of houseplants that are also suitable for the beauty of your decoration. This plant, scientifically named Monstera deliciosa, belongs to the trumpet family. It has broad leaves and many cuts on its surface, which gives a special front to this extremely attractive plant. This plant generally belongs to the forests of Colombia, southern Mexico, and Panama. Fig leaf flowers prefer humid environments and relatively high temperatures, so it is the best plant that is compatible with the environment of your home.
Learn more from fig leaves
- Other names are fig leaf, monstera, monster fruit, monster, philodendron, and.
- Fig leaf flower is called “Ajban” in Persian. The reason for this naming is the existence of aerial roots similar to snakes.
- These plants, like the flat pine, are considered evergreen plants.
- Fig leaf flower is a climbing flower, you can use moss rods to prevent these flowers from breaking.
- These plants can grow up to 5 to 7 meters, provided they have the right conditions.
- The fruit of this plant is similar to banana and green.
- Its raw fruit may poison you, but its ripe fruit is rich in vitamins and tastes like mango and pineapple.
- The temperature that this plant can tolerate is at least 10 degrees and at most 30 degrees Celsius.
- Do not use polishing or cleaning sprays to clean the surface of the leaves, as a wet wipe will replace these chemicals.
Poisonous fig leaf flower
It is a type of fig leaf tree that the leaves of this plant are not poisonous.
But it contains fruits that contain oxalic acid, which if consumed as a cal will cause burning and itching, swelling, blisters, and even hoarseness.
This plant needs indirect and filtered light to grow
If you live in an apartment and your house does not have good lighting, fig leaves can be the best option for you. Of course, if not enough light reaches this flower, the cuts on the surface of the leaves, which are the main reason for its beauty, will be less.
Intense light burns the leaves of this plant.
Allow the soil surface to dry completely between waterings.
Then irrigate the plant. Watering too much can cause damage to plant roots, generally a week 2 times in warm and week 1 times in cold weather put a fig leaf to be irrigated. It is recommended to use dust and fog for the surface of the leaves of this flower.
Try to use light soils with high drainage for this flower. The use of compounds such as leaf soil + compost can be suitable for this plant.
For fertilization, apply fertilizers for flowers and houseplants (according to the instructions for use on the cover) once a month during the growing season of the plant, ie spring.
If you see roots in the bottom of the pot, it means that it is time to replace the pot, move the plant to a larger pot. If the plant is growing and the pot is difficult to replace, the snowflake recommends that you remove some of the soil around the pot and replace it with new soil, although new soil should contain minerals.
Propagation of fig leaves
You can propagate this plant in several different ways.
1: Planting seeds
Prepare a suitable substrate for light soils and plant the seeds at a depth of 2 cm above the soil surface. Always keep the soil surface moist, after a few weeks the seeds will start to germinate. Provide soft, filtered light to the seeds. Keep the temperature between 18 and 23 degrees Celsius.
Cut a 10 cm long cuttings from the mother plant under the knot.
Plant it in a mixture of cocopeat soil and sand.
Water the cuttings twice a week to allow them to take root.
Chapter cuttings appropriate, the spring is.
3: Soak the aerial roots
This method is fully described in the article related to the Amin al-Dawla screw tree.
4: Propagation of fig leaves in water
These plants take root easily in water.
Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice.
This plant can stay in healthy water for 3 to 4 years.